No products in the cart.
f you are nodding your head negative then you may want to re-evaluate your understanding. All we mean to say is there have been a hundreds of studies that have proven that physical exercise helps you enhance your intellect. If you just google “physical activity affect students in their academics” you will find them facts online.
Sorry for this rude awakening but here, in this article we have extracted facts and studies that will convert your negative nod into a head banging affirmative “yes”!
A wise man rightly said, “We are raising an indoor generation” here’s why we need to build facilities for our students to develop and become overall achievers.
We have a clip from Purdue University to show how the students feel about going to the gym has affected their life.
So the question is- Does Gym help students perform better?
From the video above, it is clear that students find gym and fitness training extremely helpful with the increasingly demanding academics.
“Exercise, good fitness-based exercise, makes our brain more ready to learn,” says John Ratey of the Harvard Medical School. Here is an excerpt from the article-
Being accountable for the overall development of your student, the responsibility of building a healthier and smarter generation is onto your shoulders.
Having gym facilities within the campus is a major step towards good mental health as well as academic performance.
“Physical exercise increases blood flow to the brain,” Cameron said. “Blood delivers nutrients and oxygen, and this may be a large part of why exercise increases cognitive function.” study researcher Judy Cameron, a psychiatry professor at Pitt School of Medicine.
Exercise encourages your brain to work at optimum capacity by multiplying the nerve cells, strengthening their interconnections and protecting them from damage. This has a direct benefit on brain functions, which includes learning.
A few benefits of having a gym facility within the campus –
- Strengthen connection between mind and bodyPhysical activities makes you better at time handling. A morning workout is even more beneficial as students could begin their day with a fresh and more active and alert brain.
- Exercise boosts confidence and self-imageThis will ultimately help students to collaborate and perform better in classrooms and participate in various activities.
- With exercise brain works to its optimum capacityIncreased blood and oxygen flow to the brain helps the mind to function, think and perform better.
- Workout helps focus and makes you more alertWith better concentration on the academic content, student’s overall performance is sure to improve.
- Physical fitnessIncreases levels of norepinephrine and endorphins, resulting in a reduction of stress and an improvement of mood.
A gym in the campus will promote good health, performance and reduce the sick leaves.
Providing the facility within the campus will motivate students to join the gym and collaborate with each other. There will be a peer motivation and personality development through positive and healthy competition.
Into Wellness provides a complete gym facility setup along with robust and high-quality gym equipment, manufactured in India. This gives us an upper hand for providing best gym and fitness equipment based on Indian usage patterns.